Thursday, September 25, 2008

I still have no pictures...

I know. Actually, I really wish I could post a video somehow of Elisabeth in her bouncy seat. Although I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who would find it interesting. She is a professional bouncer, I say. She sits really still and stares at her toys and then goes CRAZY kicking and swinging until her toys are flying all over. She gets the biggest grin on her face like "Hey! Look what I can do!" See? Soooo interesting.

I'm desperately searching for a good book to read. I had a "to read" pile on my nightstand but none of them were that great. I don't have loads of time to read so if it doesn't grab my attention pretty much on the first page (or at least the first few chapters) I don't stick with it. I'm not looking for much- something interesting, exciting, life altering, but not with lots of big words...how's that for high expectations? When Charlie was a baby until he was about two I averaged four books per week. Now I'm reading one a year. I'm truly BORED with most of the books I've started. I'm open to suggestions! Just no big words!

Speaking of books...my boys are big time bookworms. They go to bed reasonably well at night because we let them take books to bed- one for each year. Charlie gets 6 and Henry gets 2. For awhile Henry would flip out because Charlie had more books than he did. Lately he hasn't said much. As I was making his bed this morning I found around 15 books under his pillow and down towards the bottom of his blankets. Two lessons here- 1) He's clever enough to know he's got to hide his books so there are more to read and 2) I'm too lazy to make his bed and therefore his stores of books has had plenty of time to grow.

At least he reads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I love to read too! I confess I'm a book worm. I love Karen Kingsbury if you like stories that are also Christian. I just finished...The Yada Yada Prayer Group. It was a good one. I am now starting "Forever in Love with Jesus" by Dee Brestin and Kathy Tricolli. I also just read..."Louder than Words" by Andy Stanley and it would be awesome for both of you all...it's about shaping your character. AWESOME book! I also would like to point out that none of these books have hard words! :)

I love that Henry is hiding books! :) That is too cute! I like your age/book amount idea! I've never heard that one but it would work for me! I homeschool though so I read to Noah and he reads to me each day. He and his dad do night night time together...boy stuff I guess! ;)

Have a great weekend. I'll just keep hoping for pictures of your little gal!

*carrie* said...

Tracy,

Wow--those are high expectations! =) I haven't read it (so take with a grain of salt), but my husband just finished The Shack and tons of people around here are talking about it.