Thursday, March 22, 2007

The desires of my heart...

Chad and I have started emailing each other. That's kind of a big deal because Chad used to never check his email. Ever. Once a week I'd get in there and tell him he had 100 emails and 3 were urgent from 4 days ago. Finally his dad convinced him life would run a lot more smoothly if he used his email. So he started and now he's hooked. Granted, generally his emails consist of a quick question or a quick answer. For example:

Chad: What's for dinner?

My reply: I think I might try a new chicken dish....guess what happened to me today...and then I was thinking blue for the bedroom...have you seen my white shirt?

Chad's reply: I like chicken. See you at 5.

But yesterday was a little different. I received two emails from him within a 15 minute span and when I opened them I thought he had accidentally sent me something wrong. There were words on the page...lots of them. Paragraphs even. In both emails.

I can't even begin to tell you what they were about. Let's just say the Lord heard a prayer I've been praying silently in my heart for almost two years. Chad had been reviewing his notes for Wednesday night Bible study and was really convicted by what he was learning. I was almost in tears reading about what the Lord had showed him. The first email he told me was about a realization he had. The second email started like this, "Do you ever have a day when you just can't get over how wonderful your life is?"

We have had a rough couple of years. A big move, a new job, a miscarriage, scary health issues...and it's been tough to get back on our feet spiritually. We've been encouraging each other, picking each other up and dusting each other off hoping to get our strength back. Those emails have been a long time coming. If I hadn't been at work when I read them I would have jumped up and down. It's so true that the Lord knows the desires of our hearts and that he'll bring those things about in His time. I could have nagged Chad for these last two years and no good would have come from that. Instead I silently cried out in my heart and the Lord heard me. And for that I am incredibly thankful.

No comments: