Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Oh, to learn more stuff...

Okay, I'm really frustrated. I've read about bloggers who have lost a post and I just lost my first one. I worked really hard on it and it had lots of links. I was very proud of myself and well, pride cometh before the fall. I wasn't that proud...my hand slipped and however these things happen this thing happened. So here is my second attempt at my post about "Things I want to learn..." (and losing a post isn't one of them).

I've been a blog reader for about 5 months and like most readers my list of favorites varies greatly (they aren't all on my blogroll yet!). There are the mom's of young kids, the pastor's wives, the frugal ones, the ones that make me think, and the one's that make me want to learn. Because reading blogs is fun but learning something new is so much better!

Lately I've been reading different posts about books bloggers are reading, going to read, or recommend. When I go to the library it generally consists of thirty minutes in the kids section and a quick glance at the new books for me. I blindly grab one and hope it's good. I don't have that much time to read so I really don't have time to read something that isn't very good. So tonight I went on a solo trip to the library. And I was armed with a list! Here are the books I brought back and the blogs where I found them:

1. Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss - Saw it mentioned here.
2. Reading like a Writer by Francine Prose - Read about it at this blog I think but I can't find where. I may have seen it somewhere else but this blog is still pretty great.
3. Survival for Busy Women by Emilie Barnes - Read about her here (June 23, 2005 entry) but our library didn't have that book only this one.

The good thing is I'm really excited about these books. That means I'll read them every chance I get! Although, I'm thinking book #3 should be first....

2 comments:

Beck said...

Hi Tracy! Thanks for visiting me!
A solo trip to the library - I don't know the last time I had one of those. Sounds like fun!
Some people I know write their blog posts in Word and then copy them over to blogger. I don't and I've lost more than a few posts, too!

Monica Wilkinson said...

I love Emilie Barnes books! I hope they will be an encouragement to you as well - plus they are loaded with practical help and ideas! :)