Tuesday, April 10, 2007

On being organized...

I decided to start reading Survival for Busy Women first out of my pile of library books. It's full of organizing tips and time savers. I'm having a little trouble getting started. For example- she recommends I actually use my planner. I'm more of a "I've got all the information up here in my head" kind of girl. Which hasn't been working out so well.

Yesterday I thought since it was Monday it would be a great time to fill in my planner with all the things I have going on this week. Oh my word. I've never been more overwhelmed than to see my week FULL. I'd forgotten I had to babysit the twins this afternoon (two year old boys) and there is some serious prep time that goes into watching those two. I'd also forgotten I have MOPS Thursday morning and I'm helping at preschool in the afternoon. I would have remembered these things eventually and scrambled to get them done but now I know about them ahead of time and (hopefully) can be a little better prepared.

I think where I'm running into trouble is this "being prepared ahead of time" thing doesn't come naturally to me. At all. It feels uncomfortable. I'm not good with trying new things and I don't adapt well to change. I don't like being uncomfortable! The motivation I have is the way I'm doing things now is stressing everyone out. Once I become a little better organized I'll be glad I did it but for now....it's killing me.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I would be LOST without my calendar/day planner! Plus, before I go to bed each night, I try to type up my "To Do" list for the next day on my Palm Pilot program and then print it out.

It's nice to be able to keep it in the passenger seat throughout the day and be able to check stuff off when completed!

Good luck to you! It's a WONDERFUL feeling being organized!