Friday, April 13, 2007

Preschool Art

I am incredibly impressed with Charlie's preschool teacher. He has learned so much this year and he continues to amaze me. The thing that's so great about teachers is they are able to see what our children are capable of when we don't even realize it. Almost daily, Charlie brings home a drawing or a craft. Some I save in the cedar chest full of photos, letters, and memories. Some get sneaked into the trash. I know that's horrible but 4 days of school a week times 24 weeks is close to 100 art projects. I can't save them all!

However, this week Charlie brought home one of my favorite pieces! No kidding, I was wishing for some new art to hang on my wall and I was thrilled when he brought this home! It matches the colors in my living room perfectly and Charlie was so excited when I dug out a frame and hung it on the wall. I thought I'd also share the picture with the whole internet (or the 5 people who read this blog) : )



It's pretty enough to hang but still has the touch of a 4 year old. And it's pussywillows! My favorite "flower". He's been learning to cut with scissors and he did such a beautiful job on the vase (with help I'm pretty sure). I'm so proud!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow! That is great for a 4 year old! Love the colors! Tell him GREAT JOB!

Monica Wilkinson said...

Looks great! What a treasure to display!

Amy said...

That is beautiful! I have framed art work too and there is just nothing like it! You can't buy something that beautiful (or meaningful) in the stores. Congrats on a beautiful addition to the art collection!!

Tracey said...

WHERE are you? Keep looking for a new post and you're not there!